Talented musicians swing on by for a concert in March this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Big band swing music comes to March when a group of talented young musicians make their debut at a concert this month.
The newly formed Fenland Youth Swing Band will appear for the second half of a concert coming to St Peter’s Church this Saturday (15).
The concert is being staged by the Fenland Music Centre Association.
The swing band is made up of 23 young musicians directed by the well known local big band leader Alan Norris who is supported by local musicians Sarah Garford and Kevin Steward.
Performing a wide range of music from the swing band era their programme will feature music by Benny Goodman, Henry Mancini, George Gershwin, Glen Miller and Huey Lewis and the news.
You may also want to watch:
The annual concert is organised by the march Rotary Club who have been raising money for the Fenland Music Association for many years.
Entry programmes are £6 for adults, £3 for concessions, £15 for families. The concert starts at 7pm.
- 1 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder