Talented Wisbech Grammar School musician gains Diploma from London College of Music
A HIGH-FLYING horn player showed off her musical prowess to gain a Diploma from the London College of Music.
Eleanor Mole, 18, a sixth form student at Wisbech Grammar School, gained a score of 92 out of 100, well above the pass mark of 75, that was needed to gain the DipLCM (Diploma from the London College of Music).
Her achievement comes after seven years of dedicated study with Kevin Steward, a long-serving brass tutor for the school, Cambridgeshire Music and a Fellow of the London College of Music. Eleanor was the first of his students to achieve the award.
She said: “I am really pleased that all my hard work in preparation for my Diploma has paid off. I would really like to thank Mr Steward for teaching me.”
Since winning a music scholarship to Wisbech Grammar School in Year 7, Eleanor has performed in various groups, including the orchestra, the brass ensemble and the wind band.
Gabriel Fitzsimmons, director of music at the school, said: “I am delighted with Eleanor’s success.
“It is a display of excellent diligence, dedication and commendable musicianship by both Eleanor and her tutor.”
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road