Talking News celebrates 36 years in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Fenprobe Talking News celebrated 36 years providing local news to the blind and partially sighted in East Cambridgeshire with a visit from the Mayor, who attended the AGM.
Mayor, Cllr Elaine Griffin-Singh said that during her term of office she had become very appreciative of all the small charities doing sterling work in the area.
She knew more about Fenprobe after interviewing Janet Smith, the Secretary, for her Star Radio slot on Mondays.
She congratulated the team of forty plus volunteers who produce the recordings.
Around seventy listeners receive an audio edited version of the local papers on memory sticks each week. Each listener is provided with a digital player and the service is entirely free.
You may also want to watch:
If you know of anyone who would benefit from receiving this service or would like to volunteer for reading or training as a recording technician, please contact Janet Smith on 01353 861153, or visit the web site, www.fenprobe.org.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years