Visitors to St Mary s Church, Doddington, had good reason to indulge in cream cakes on Saturday – the money they spent on buying them went towards the running cost of the church. The fund-raising cream tea afternoon added £115 to the £38,000 needed for th
Visitors to St Mary's Church, Doddington, had good reason to indulge in cream cakes on Saturday - the money they spent on buying them went towards the running cost of the church.
The fund-raising cream tea afternoon added £115 to the £38,000 needed for the running costs of the 13th century church.
It was the second fund-raiser this year for St Mary's after a coffee morning netted £250.
Fund-raising continues with a general knowledge quiz, running until June 16 (entries £1, with 25 per cent of the final takings going to the winner). Tickets are available in the church or by calling churchwarden Eileen Clapham on 01354 740522.
You may also want to watch:
n Pictured, from left, at Saturday's cream tea are, standing, June Valentine, Eileen Clapham, Rosemary Clark, Gill Wyles, Iris Miller, Jo Hayward, seated, Pearl Pope and Marie Andrew.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'