Taxi quote WAS too high - just ring around and you’ll be surprised
IN response to Mrs CP Wood’s comment about the price of a taxi from Chatteris to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon - I can understand her dismay at the price quoted for the journey.
According to my sat nav the total mileage from Huntingdon Rd, Chatteris, to Hinchingbrooke hospital is 15.3 miles.
Using the council distributed price list that states charges running on a meter, that should only be switched on when Mrs Wood got in the car providing it is between 7am and 11pm, are as follows.
The first mile travelled is charged at �3.30 and then the charge is 20p per 1/10th mile after that. That equates to the �3.30 starting price and then �28.60 for the remaining 14.3 miles - a total of �31.90.
That’s a round trip of �63.80 - a far cry from the �90 round trip quoted).
You may also want to watch:
As Huntingdon is technically out of county a price can be quoted and a meter not used. But to charge more than the meter price is wrong.
Just ring around - you’ll be surprised.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told