Tea at the Ritz for Littleport grandmother after EACH prize draw success
- Credit: Archant
A GRANDMOTHER from Littleport, whose grandson receives care from East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), has won tea at The Ritz as part of the charity’s grand draw.
Edna Lister scooped fourth prize in the grand draw - Champagne afternoon tea for two at The Ritz in London.
Her grandson Alex, 10, fro Wicken, has a brain tumour and receives care at the charity’s Milton hospice. Edna has invited Alex’s other grandmother Jenny Pavitt, to join her for the afternoon treat.
Edna said: “I was delighted when I heard I’d won the prize. I like to support EACH as much as I can as they’ve made a real difference to Alex and the rest of us as a family.
“I sold some tickets to members of Littleport WI and bought quite a few for myself too, so I’m pleased I’ve managed to raise funds for the charity. Alex is the love of my life, of all of us really, there’s nothing we wouldn’t do for him.
You may also want to watch:
“Jenny and I help look after Alex – so the afternoon tea will be a lovely treat for us both – we’re really looking forward to it.
“Alex is a fighter – he has a very rare and aggressive brain tumour which was operated on, but came back again. He suffered from an infection and deteriorated so much that we had to prepare for end of his life care, but he came round again surprising all of us – even the doctors. We’re so lucky he’s still with us.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory