Teacher “couples” and never before asked questions - a charity night comes to Neale Wade Academy in March
- Credit: Archant
Frolics and mayhem come to school when popular TV shows Family Fortunes and Mr and Mrs are brought to the Neale Wade Academy for a charity fund raising night.
Students Alfie Cook, 17, and Louis Ayres, 16, have organised the event as a last minute money-boosting mission to help get the final funds needed for a life changing charity trip to Borneo.
During the school trip, arranged through Camp International, they will help a local school in Borneo with a community project, help on a community building and get involved with an environmental conservation project planting trees.
Alfie said: “We have had to raise £3,960 for the trip but that doesn’t include vaccinations or equipment.
“We have raised most of it but this will be the final push before we go away on July 13.”
You may also want to watch:
They have interviewed 100 pupils around school for the Family Fortunes game which will be played by five teachers in each team.
They have also interviewed three deputy heads and filmed them with a range of “never before asked questions” to screen during the night.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
The Mr and Mrs game is being played by two teacher “pretend” couples.
The night takes place on Friday June 26. Doors open at 6.30pm and the event kicks off at 7pm. Tickets are £3 on the door.
The Borneo trip has been organised with Camp International.