Team Fenland Flappers smash the Moonwalk and raise more than £4,000
- Credit: Archant
Here in all their glory are the Fenland Flappers who raised more than £4,000 for charity by joining hundreds of others walking through the night in London Eight friends finished the Moonwalk, a marathon trek of 26.2 miles around London earlier this month.
Team member Juliet Findley, said: “The theme was the roaring 20’s and our team name was the Fenland Flappers all from March, Chatteris and the surrounding area.
“We haven’t got a final total but raised over £4,000 between us and all have friends and family who have been affected by breast cancer.
“It was tough especially when it started raining about 4am but we did it.
“We all put a lot of hours of training completing 12, 16 and 20 mile training walks as well as lots of shorter walks in between sometimes covering 25 - 30 miles a week.”
You may also want to watch:
• The idea for the Moonwalk began as Walk the Walk. It came into being 20 years ago when 13 women power walked the New York City marathon in their bras to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.
• It has grown into a hugely successful fund raiser which has brought in more than £113 million for breast cancer charities.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
• The picture shows back row (left to right) Sarah Stone, Laura Turner, Linda Tilbrook, Angela Anderson, Juliet Findley, Tanya Shepherd front row (left to right) Jane Bailey, Joanne Anderson.