Team work leads to life-saving equipment for Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The first defibrillator has been installed in Wisbech giving the public 24-hour access to equipment that could save a life.
The equipment is at the side of Boots at the Horsefair Shopping Centre and has been installed thanks to the hard work of a local partnership.
Ray Wicks of Etcetera arranged for the unit to be brought to town for free thanks to the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust.
SWC Security supplied the heavy-duty external case to protect the unit.
Advanced Electrical provided the electrical installation and electrical wholesalers, Newey and Eyre, sponsored the electrical materials required.
You may also want to watch:
Flair Property Maintenance provided the attaching of the defibrillator to the side of Boots.
Kevin Smith, centre manager, said: “Hopefully the scenario never arises that we will need to use the defibrillator but having equipment on standby that could save someone’s life gives great piece of mind.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home