Teddy bears turn up for a picnic at Wisbech Tesco
- Credit: Archant
It was the day the teddy bears had their picnic when Tesco in Wisbech held an arts, crafts and story telling day in store.
The Cromwell Road supermarket held a day for children to join the with their favourite bears and listen to stories thanks to the town’s library staff.
They ten had fun with a range of arts and crafts followed by snacks.
Toni Bird, community champion, said: “It was only £1 for them to join in and we had more than 40, it was really well attended.
“It’s the first time we’ve had a teddy bear’s picnic but I hope to do it again as it was so popular.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was among a range of community activities arranged by the store including weekly litter picks every Monday.
Toni said: “Staff walk from the store to Weasenham Lane in one direction and to the roundabout in the other to pick up rubbish for an hour to help keep the area tidy.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
The next community event in tesco is likely to be a Santa’s grotto.