Teenage girl sexually assaulted as she walked to meet friends in Wimblington
A TEENAGE girl was sexually assaulted as she walked to meet friends in Wimblington last night.
The 15 year old was heading towards the park in March Road at about 6.50pm when she was approached by a man walking in the opposite direction.
He stopped and pulled her close before sexually assaulting her.
The man then continued walking while the girl ran to her friends who were nearby.
The man is described as white, about 55, 5’5”, and was wearing a bright yellow fluorescent jacket and dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
DC Amanda Blythe, from March Police Station, said: “The victim was shaken but not injured by this assault. Her friends were nearby and when the man saw her meet them he started running.
“I would like to speak to anyone who has information about this assault or thinks they recognise the man described.”
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
Anyone with information should contact DC Blythe on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.