Teenage pedestrian pushing bike along Cambs road killed after collision with BMW car
A TEENAGE pedestrian who was pushing a bike along a Cambridgeshire road was killed after being knocked down by a car in the early hours of Sunday.
Luke Shannon-Fowler, 17, of Ditton Fields, Cambridge was walking along the A10 just outside Waterbeach at around 2am when he was knocked down by a blue BMW.
According to the East of England Ambulance Service, the youth was rushed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge but had suffered fatal abdominal, chest and facial injuries in the incident.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said the road was closed while investigations were being carried and was reopened again at about 9am.
A 20-year-old man from Waterbeach was arrested on suspicion of driving without due care and failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return to Huntingdon police station on February 25.
Anyone with information about the incident is advised to contact Pc John Blood at the Cambridgeshire Road’s Policing Unit on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault