Teenage poet Avril launches her book of love poems for Valentine’s Day
ROMANCE is in the air as Valentine’s Day approaches, and young poet Avril Kavanagh has just launched her book of love poems to mark this special day on the calendar.
Avril’s book is called “My Little book of Love Poems,” and it is the first time the teenager has had her work published. “It has been really exciting to see my poems in print, “ she said. “I am really pleased with the book that is available in both hardback and paperback editions.”
A former pupil of Cromwell Community College, 18-year-old Avril is currently studying journalism at Peterborough Regional College. She hopes to go to university later this year.
“My favourite poem in the book is called “This Love” and it is dedicated to my boyfriend Matthew Elliott-Sands,” said Avril. “I started to write poetry when I was much younger, after my aunt sent me some coloured paper to write on. But this year I decided to get my work into print. I am already planning a second book of poems about the seasons.”
Avril is the daughter of Karen and Patrick Kavanagh, and has a 14-year-old sister, Lily. “I would like to thank my family for their encouragement, they have always believed in me,” she said. “I hope that one day I will be able pursue a career as an author alongside my journalistic escapades.”
You may also want to watch:
The paperback edition of Avril’s book costs �4.99 and is currently on sale at Flowers 4 Events florist shop in High Street, March. Owner Michelle Spendelow said: “I am really pleased to stock Avril’s book, it is a great anthology for Valentine’s Day.”
The hardback edition of the book costs �16.99. Both books can be printed to order through the website Lulu.com.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover