Teenage theives were 'bored'
THREE bored teenagers stole the contents of a series of garages – but were arrested on the same night. The trio used screwdrivers to break into four garages in Pennway, Somersham, stealing £750 worth of items, including power tools and a mountain bike,
THREE 'bored' teenagers stole the contents of a series of garages - but were arrested on the same night.
The trio used screwdrivers to break into four garages in Pennway, Somersham, stealing £750 worth of items, including power tools and a mountain bike, magistrates at Huntingdon heard.
Terry Fordham, 19, and Daniel Waller, 18, pleaded guilty to two counts of theft, and asked for another two matters to be taken into consideration. Waller also admitted carrying a butterfly knife.
The third member of the party, a boy under the age of 18, is being dealt with at the Youth Court.
You may also want to watch:
John Nooijen, prosecuting, told the court that police had been called to Somersham on May 9 at about 11.30pm.
Eyewitness had seen the teenagers acting suspiciously and carrying items including as gloves and torches, Mr Nooijen said.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Officers attended the scene and arrested the three youths after a short chase.
Police searched a transit van parked in a neighbouring road and found the stolen goods, Mr Nooijen added.
Mike Trippitt, appearing on behalf of the duo, described the crime spree as 'a few hours of complete stupidity'.
The pair, of Huntingdon Road, Chatteris, will be sentenced on June 21, and remain on curfew.