Teenager arrested on suspicion of arson after Benwick fire
- Credit: Archant
A FIFTEEN-year-old boy from the March area has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life after a shed was set on fire in Benwick last night.
Two crews from March, one crew from Chatteris and one crew from Ramsey were called to the fire in Chapel Garden, which spread to a nearby bungalow, at 9.15pm.
Residents were urged to keep their windows and doors closed and stay inside for several hours due to thick acrid smoke spreading from the burning property while firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two jets, one hose reel and two hydrants to tackle the blazing inferno.
They used working at height equipment, ladders and cutting equipment to cut away at the property to fully extinguish the fire and put out any hotspots.
A thermal imaging camera was also used to check neighbouring properties to ensure the fire had not spread.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished at 11.25pm.
A full fire investigation will be taking place today to determine the cause of the fire.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia