Teenage girl hit by car at Westry, March, suffers ‘life threatening injuries’
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl hit by a car as she crossed the busy A141 at Westry, March, last night is in hospital with what are described as “life threatening injuries”.
The incident happened at 5.15pm last night when police say they were called to the scene of a collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
“A woman was taken to hospital with life threatening injuries,” said a police spokesman.
“No arrests were made and the road later re-opened.”
One eye witness has described seeing the crash with the impact sending the girl flying over the top of a passing vehicle and landing on the road. Passing motorists put a blanket over the girl until emergency services arrived.
You may also want to watch:
An air ambulance was flown to the scene of the crash that happened near to the entrance of MJS Construction on the Wisbech Road.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government