Tell us your Macmillan coffee morning news! And don’t forget to capture the moment on camera
- Credit: Archant
Raise your kettle in tribute and send us your photos if you are holding a coffee morning to bring in funds for Macmillan’s flagship fundraiser, the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
On Friday (30) it will be the 26th year of the nation’s biggest social fund raiser for cancer and we would love to know how much you have raised and see photos to go with it!
Last year 1,320 coffee mornings were held in Cambridgeshire raising £299,400 for the charity that provides essential support for people affected by cancer.
Jess Levin, Macmillan’s fund raising manager for Cambridgeshire, said: ‘We want to make sure no one has to face cancer alone but we can’t do it without the amazing people who fund raise for us.
“We rely on the generosity of our supporters for more than 99 per cent of our income. Coffee mornings are a great way to have fun and raise vital funds to help people affected by cancer.
You may also want to watch:
‘There’s still time to get your free coffee morning kit from coffee.macmillan.org.uk and host your event. If you can’t do it on September 30, just pick another day!’
Money raised will help fund practical, financial, emotional and medical support services the charity provides for people affected by cancer.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
These services include information and support centres, welfare rights advice and cancer nurse specialists across the county.
• Send us your fund raising news and photos to go with it to firstname.lastname@example.org.