Ten people rescued from back of lorry on A14
- Credit: Archant
Ten people who were found in the back of a lorry on the A14 have been taken to hospital – but no one is seriously injured.
The vehicle was stopped at the Shell garage in Godmanchester just after 2.20pm today (November 26).
Two people have been arrested - one on suspicion of assisting unlawful immigration and the other for suspected firearms offences.
Reports on social media from nearby residents suggest that "immigrants including babies" were seen taken out of the lorry.
A pregnant woman is also thought to have been on board.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance attended and those within the lorry were taken to hospital, but no one is thought to be seriously injured.
Police were alerted after receiving reports of concerns for ten people travelling westbound in the lorry.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Immigration services have been notified. Enquiries continue.