Ten people rescued from back of lorry on A14
- Credit: Archant
Ten people who were found in the back of a lorry on the A14 have been taken to hospital – but no one is seriously injured.
The vehicle was stopped at the Shell garage in Godmanchester just after 2.20pm today (November 26).
Two people have been arrested - one on suspicion of assisting unlawful immigration and the other for suspected firearms offences.
Reports on social media from nearby residents suggest that "immigrants including babies" were seen taken out of the lorry.
A pregnant woman is also thought to have been on board.
An ambulance attended and those within the lorry were taken to hospital, but no one is thought to be seriously injured.
Police were alerted after receiving reports of concerns for ten people travelling westbound in the lorry.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
Immigration services have been notified. Enquiries continue.