Ten people rescued from back of lorry on A14
- Credit: Archant
Ten people who were found in the back of a lorry on the A14 have been taken to hospital – but no one is seriously injured.
The vehicle was stopped at the Shell garage in Godmanchester just after 2.20pm today (November 26).
Two people have been arrested - one on suspicion of assisting unlawful immigration and the other for suspected firearms offences.
Reports on social media from nearby residents suggest that "immigrants including babies" were seen taken out of the lorry.
A pregnant woman is also thought to have been on board.
An ambulance attended and those within the lorry were taken to hospital, but no one is thought to be seriously injured.
Police were alerted after receiving reports of concerns for ten people travelling westbound in the lorry.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
Immigration services have been notified. Enquiries continue.