Ten-year-old boy killed in Wisbech collision with lorry is named
- Credit: Archant
A 10-year-old boy who died following a collision with a lorry in Wisbech has been named.
Kastytis Dambrauskas, of Cox Close, Wisbech, was riding his bike when he was involved in the collision with a HGV on Weasenham Lane, at about 8.30am yesterday morning.
The accident blocked the road for much of the day as police and investigators began to piece together how the tragedy happened.
Floral tributes had been placed at the scene this morning.
“I work across from where it happened and was one of the people who called 999,” said one factory worker. “It was a very sad scene.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact the Road Policing Unit on 101 quoting CC-16072018-0100.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4