Ten years jail for the man who sexually abused teenager over four year period
- Credit: Archant
A man who sexually abused a teenager for four years has been jailed.
Simon Bowyer, 41, of Medeswell, Orton Malborne was found guilty of eight counts of sexual activity with a female aged 13 to 17 at Cambridge Crown Court at a hearing in March..
The court heard how Bowyer abused the victim between 2013 and 2017 when she was aged between 12 and 17.
In September last year the victim disclosed the abuse to a friend and a relative and police were called.
Today (26 April) Bowyer was sentenced to 10 years in prison. He was also given an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO) and put on the Sex Offenders Register for life.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Fiona Bagshaw said: “The victim showed great courage to come forward and disclose this abuse, and to follow it through the whole court process. The suspect controlled the victim in a number of aspects of her life and threatened to harm himself, making the victim feel a huge guilt.”
If you are concerned about a child who may be being abused, please call police on 101 or in an emergency call 999. For information on spotting the signs of child abuse, visit www.cambs.police.uk/childprotection
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital