Time for tennis, fun and food at Chatteris St Peter’s tennis club summer afternoon special
- Credit: Archant
It was time for tennis, fun and food at Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club Summer afternoon special for “The Crazy Gang”: the juniors at the club aged 10-15 who are crazy about tennis and attend club night weekly.
Hosted by Dave Wing, who runs the junior club nights, the afternoon concluded with a BBQ and home made desserts, at which the juniors were joined by their parents, families and club committee members.
Dave said: “We have a tremendous junior tennis set up at the club for children aged 5 upwards.”
The group includes Francis Antonio who recently took part in his first tournament with adult members at the club, together with three more aspiring tennis talents. These were Liam Garcia, Lucy Thompson and Ollie Appleby, who all this year qualified from the venue stage for 11-14 year olds, to compete in the county championships of the British Tennis” Road to Wimbledon Tournament.
From March to October the club runs programmes of coaching for juniors from 5 upwards, organised by club secretary Shona Kent. Programmes for adults new to the sport are also provided, which include parents of juniors wishing to play tennis as families.
You may also want to watch:
The club is proud to have provided formal coaching for over 50 years to introduce young people to the sport. This year the club’s highly successful men’s A team which gained promotion in all 3 leagues it competed in, included 5 members in the squad , all of whom began their tennis as juniors at the club
For further information about the club which welcomes people of all ages and abilities contact Shona Kent 01354 655363 or Karen Barwell 01354 695014 or visit the website
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages