Disco night to raise funds to build sensory garden for adults with learning disabilities in March
- Credit: Archant
Get your dancing shoes on to boogie the night away and help raise funds to build a new sensory garden for adults with learning disabilities and special needs in March.
Tennyson Lodge Day services based in March, are hosting a family disco night on Friday September 13 to raise funds to buy equipment for their sensory garden.
The garden will provide learners with a self-contained outdoor space where they will be able to enjoy a variety of sensory experiences.
It will be an area where they can have fun and learn new skills like gardening, while building confidence and improving their wellbeing.
Cambridgeshire County Council's Day Centre forms part of their Supporting into Work programme, which provides guidance and support to adults with learning disabilities and special needs.
You may also want to watch:
In June, a team of volunteers from the local Nationwide Building Society branch joined forces with Tennyson Lodge to kick-start the sensory garden project by digging up the overgrown garden and painting fences.
Councillor Anna Bailey, chairwoman of Cambridgeshire County Council's adults committee said: "This is an exciting project for our Day Service and we really need your help to make it a success.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
"Once complete, the new sensory garden will enable our service users to enjoy and learn about growing plants, flowers and vegetables, which will help to develop their skills, confidence and wellbeing.
"People are invited to come along - please bring your families and friends, and have a good time."
If you're looking to attend the disco night fundraiser, tickets are available to purchase from Tennyson Lodge, Hot Pots Cafe and March Braza Club.