Tesco customers go all out to help March Foodbank stop people from going hungry this summer
- Credit: Archant
Less people will be going hungry this summer thanks to a supermarket’s collection.
During the two day collection, Tesco customers at the Hostmoor Avenue store donated 900kg of food for March Foodbank.
Tesco has pledged to add a further 30 per cent to the total of the food donated.
Shoppers also gave the foodbank £225 to spend on supplies which are running short.
Barbara Taylor, of the March Foodbank Committee, said: “This is such a valuable effort by the customers who have so generously supported the appeal.
You may also want to watch:
“For those who wish to give regularly there is a collection point permanently in the exit after the checkouts, again to which Tesco will add a further 30 per cent.
“Once again a huge thank you to Tesco and its customers from the committee of the March Foodbank.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
The foodbank, which is manned by 25 volunteers, operates out of the Powerhouse Church on Tuesday afternoons.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org