Tesco staff to take on March to Lapland exercise bike challenge
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Fenland supermarket will pedal the equivalent distance of March to Lapland in aid of charity.
Exercise bikes will be set up in the main entrance of Tesco, of Hostmoor Avenue, March, on December 6 and 7 with staff taking turns on the saddle as they chase down the 2,082 mile target.
The fundraising effort is in aid of Diabetes UK, Tesco’s chosen charity for 2013.
The store has already raised £2,612 this year through a pirate fancy dress day and various collections.
Tesco’s better service manager Abi Day hopes they can nearly double that number with the charity cycle.
She said: “It would be great if we could raise at least £2,000.
“There will be an exercise bike set up in the entrance to the store and staff will take turns to hop on and hop off, with the keener cyclists pedalling for longer.”
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
For more information about the charity go to www.diabetes.org.uk