Tesco staff to take on March to Lapland exercise bike challenge
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Fenland supermarket will pedal the equivalent distance of March to Lapland in aid of charity.
Exercise bikes will be set up in the main entrance of Tesco, of Hostmoor Avenue, March, on December 6 and 7 with staff taking turns on the saddle as they chase down the 2,082 mile target.
The fundraising effort is in aid of Diabetes UK, Tesco’s chosen charity for 2013.
The store has already raised £2,612 this year through a pirate fancy dress day and various collections.
Tesco’s better service manager Abi Day hopes they can nearly double that number with the charity cycle.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It would be great if we could raise at least £2,000.
“There will be an exercise bike set up in the entrance to the store and staff will take turns to hop on and hop off, with the keener cyclists pedalling for longer.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
For more information about the charity go to www.diabetes.org.uk