Test your knowledge and raise money for a good cause at the same time at Wimblington pub quiz
- Credit: Archant
Test your general knowledge with a charity quiz night, auction and karaoke to help raise money to buy a state of the art prosthetic limb for Matthew Smith.
The night is at the Anchor Inn, Wimblington on Saturday September 17. Arrive for 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
The fund raising began after Matthew’s best friend Shawn decided to step in to help raise £30,000 to needed to buy a robotic leg for his friend who goes to work every day as a builder despite having one of his limbs amputated ten years ago.
Shawn decided he could no longer sit back and watch as his friend Matthew battled with the pain caused by his NHS prosthetic leg.
So he set up a Go Fund Me page in a bid to raise thousands needed to buy him a C leg which uses sophisticated sensors that make precise adjustments at every step helping people easily navigate things like stairs and uneven surfaces.
You may also want to watch:
Lorry driver Shawn said: “He is an awesome bloke, my best friend, he wants to work and provide for his family but some days he is in so much pain he is exhausted by it all.
“His leg was amputated after a motorbike crash about ten years ago. He doesn’t want to sign on or get benefits, he’s a very proud man, but he needs help, so I thought, sod the NHS and their leg, let’s get him a decent one.”
Visit the Go Fund Me page.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas