Thank you Adam Aiken for your consumer rights piece in the Essential Guide to Money
I WOULD like to thank Adam Aiken for his piece ‘Knowing your consumer rights’ in your Essential Guide to Money.
My son’s laptop went wrong. We had it since June 5 2010. Tesco Direct said I had to go to the manufacturer, but I quoted Adam’s article.
Tesco said he was wrong but I argued that I was its customer and it had to deal with me, not pass me on to the manufacturer. I said I would accept a replacement repair or refund but I would only dealt with them because I was Tesco’s customer.
Well, I got a replacement and it has been delivered.
It wasn’t easy by any means but with your article to quote I got a happy outcome.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 6 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash