Thank you to everybody who made this year’s Wisbech Rose Fair so successful
THIS year’s Rose Fair was a particularly successful event, helped by the wonderful weather. We’ve had lots of really positive comments about Rose Fair and about Wisbech.
Many visitors were attending the festival for the first time and some said they would like to come back and stay for a weekend to see more of our lovely town. One lady commented that it was the best outing she had been on.
This success is due to all those who contributed in so many ways and our grateful thanks go to all the volunteers who worked so hard before and during the festival. Thanks especially to those who created the beautiful flower arrangements in the churches.
We also thank those who made our visitors welcome by helping with parking and the park & ride service; our town mayor, Councillor Jonathan Farmer, who greeted people getting off the coaches each day and the NACRO volunteer guides for their enthusiasm.
We would also like to thank Fenland District Council for their generous grant and Wisbech Town Council for funding the Rose Fair shuttle and park & ride – and your newspaper for the helpful advance publicity.
You may also want to watch:
JANET STEVENS, St Peter’s Rose Fair Committee
SUE BEEL, Rose Fair Forum
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 10 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
AS chairman of Wisbech Round Table, I want to take this opportunity to thank all the people who made this year’s parade such a success.
The weather was perfect again this year and added to the enjoyment of those taking part and those watching the colourful floats progress through our town.
Although we experienced a few last minute cancellations of float entries and the marching band, the work and the creativity of the schools, clubs and other organisations that took part was excellent.
I am pleased to confirm we already have a band booked for 2012 and in announcing next year’s theme as The Olympics, I encourage schools, clubs and organisations to start planning to enter.
Finally, a big thank you to all the people that helped to ensure the parade went ahead.
They include Jasmin Jackson (our Rose Queen for 2011), our sponsors, the transport firms who provided the lorries and drivers, Fenland District Council, my Round Table colleagues and their families.
Wisbech Round Table