Thank you to everyone who organised, helped at and supported events in March for Heritage Open Weekend
THANK you very much to everyone who organised and helped with all of the events in Fenland Heritage Open Weekend in March last weekend. Thank you also to everyone who supported the events.
The Heritage Open Days event is the annual national opportunity for everyone to celebrate all the wonderful architecture and culture of this country for free. Places which normally charge offer free entrance; those which are normally free hold extra tours, talks exhibitions or displays.
Every year more and more places, groups and organisations join in to open premises and to share their places with the public without any charge.
In March we are very fortunate to have so many interesting buildings and friendly organisations and groups of all ages who want to share and welcome everyone.
In March we had 13 events this year:
You may also want to watch:
• Tours of St Wendreda’s Church
• St Peter’s Church tower
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
• Centenary Baptist Church
• Trinity Church
• March Waste Transfer Station
• Historic photographic displays of buildings at Young People March
• March Railway Station
• The Ship
• A drawing competition at March Museum
• Information-packed walks in West End Park and ‘Old London Road’
• The March Society’s photographic display all week of Buildings of Local Interest
• Information sharing in March Library with The March Society, March Cambridgeshire Facebook, Atelier East, Friends of West End Park, March, Shape Your Place and Friends of March Railway Station.
Thank you also to all of those places who offered delicious cakes and tea and coffee!
Thank you very much for everyone concerned for all of these successful events which have been enjoyed not just by people of March but from as far as afield as London.
Already events for next year are being planned and new people talking of joining in.
The March Society