Thank you to the street scene officer and police officer who helped when our first day on market turned into a disaster
A few weeks ago on a Saturday morning, we were travelling to Wisbech with our catering trailer full of food to the Saturday Wisbech Market for our first day of trading as a newly opened business.
But just 100 yards before the market square our car broke down next to the traffic lights on the bridge. We were blocking the road for all traffic around us and started panicking.
Luckily, Wisbech street officer Mr South came to our rescue and called the local recovery service.
Next moment a police officer stopped and offered us his support and understanding that was invaluable in that situation as we were looking to start trading at Wisbech market for whole year and were working very hard to build our business for that day.
Naturally, we were very emotional when things went wrong for us that morning.
You may also want to watch:
When the recovery service took our car and trailer, the police officer offered us a lift to the recovery centre as we did not know where it was.
It was very unlucky for our family business to start our first day like that but with help and support of local authorities, we did not feel alone in strange town and without the involvement of the street officer and the police officer.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Therefore, we would like to express our huge thanks and offer them free pasties, soups, quiches and cakes every Saturday we are at Wisbech market.