Thanks Cllr Bucknor for indicating that our park home sites are a burglar and vagrants’ paradise
I WOULD like to thank Councillor Virginia Bucknor for her comments published in last week’s edition, in which she indicates that our park home sites are a burglar and vagrants’ paradise.
Firstly, in more than nine years, the majority of these thefts were garden ornaments from properties adjacent to Osborne Road with the added light from said road’s street lighting.
Secondly, the last three thefts were targeted:
• A model Gypsy caravan
• A garden ornament cemented into the ground with what the owner thought would be added protection of a heavy metal bar, all of which was lifted out
You may also want to watch:
• Some time later, from the same premises, some large Koi carp.
Issues two and three had the added protection of additional lighting from an Osborne Road street lamp.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The so-called rough sleepers was one vagrant who took refuge in a greenhouse for one night while the owners were on holiday.
It also appears to me that Cllr Bucknor should take advantage of the forthcoming maths lessons at the Oasis Centre.
Although I left school more than 60 years ago I can still work out that 41 out of 111 homes is a minority, not a majority as she claims.
I wonder if, now Cllr Bucknor has downgraded our twin parks, she will reimburse those residents who are trying to sell their properties?