Thanks for your excellent care, says husband of a woman who attended the Alan Hudson day treatment centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
More than £2,000 has been raised for the Alan Hudson day treatment centre in Wisbech in memory of a woman who attended for six years for the treatment of myeloma.
Derek Walker presented a cheque for £2,042 from donations made by family, friends and former colleagues in recognition of the excellent care and support which his wife received.
Glennis Walker died in January after attending the centre, an Arthur Rank Hospice service, since 2011.
Derek said: “Glennis took part in sporting activities for most of her life, starting with swimming and became an inter-schools diving champion.
“She was awarded the honour of Barnsley Technical School “Sports Girl of the Year”.
You may also want to watch:
“She also played netball and later took up badminton until her illness took away her skills.
“Glennis started her working life as a secretary and then worked in the patent department of Rolls Royce in Derby.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
“In Grantham, she was responsible for payment of sickness benefits at the Ministry of Pensions and National Insurance.
“Later, she became a nursery nurse at Trinity Methodist playgroup and then Peckover School in Wisbech, where she was highly regarded by staff and pupils.”
She leaves husband Derek, two sons and their families, each with a grandson and grandaughter.