Thanks to Anglia Co-operative Travel for all their efforts in collecting for Santa’s Special Festive Suitcase
THANKS to one of our readers, some seasonal cheer has found its way to those less fortunate.
At the beginning of last month we teamed up with Anglia Co-operative Travel to publicise their seasonal campaign to collect gifts to be handed over to a deserving cause.
As the presents piled up inside the travel agency in Station Road, March, we got busy asking looking for a deserving home for them.
We asked for your recommendations on where to send toys and gifts collected by the hard working Co-operative Travel staff.
And after sifting your suggestions, we decided to deliver the gifts to Peterborough Streets, an amazing charity which was started ten years ago to help the homeless, poor and socially excluded.
You may also want to watch:
The charity, founded in 1991 and formerly known as St Theresa’s, was delighted with the response and delighted to accept the gifts to support their work.
Santa’s suitcase was brimful with presents and staff at Peterborough Streets asked us to pass on their thanks to the many who had contributed.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 5 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa