Thanks to everyone who donated groceries for March Lions and Ormiston to donate to deserving families
WORKING this year with the Ormiston Trust, March Lions hope to have brought a little festive cheer into the homes of some deserving families in the area with their bags of groceries and fresh vegetables.
However, we could not make this possible without the amazing generosity of a number of produce providers who, between them, donate all the cabbages, cauliflowers, onions, leeks, sprouts, beetroot etc.
So thank you to Produce World (Marshalls), G’s Fresh Beetroot, Allpress Farms and Very Very Veg Co (Fenmarc).
This year their generosity was such that once all the family packages had been completed there was still enough fresh vegetables left over to enable us to take a large quantity over to the Alpha Centre in North Bretton who help to support the homeless.
So, once again, a huge thank you to our produce providers, staff at Ormiston who organised the sorting and packaging and especially to Lion Trevor Stockbridge, without whose organisation and contacts the process would not happen.
You may also want to watch:
Lions Press Officer
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government