Thanks to everyone who donated groceries for March Lions and Ormiston to donate to deserving families
WORKING this year with the Ormiston Trust, March Lions hope to have brought a little festive cheer into the homes of some deserving families in the area with their bags of groceries and fresh vegetables.
However, we could not make this possible without the amazing generosity of a number of produce providers who, between them, donate all the cabbages, cauliflowers, onions, leeks, sprouts, beetroot etc.
So thank you to Produce World (Marshalls), G’s Fresh Beetroot, Allpress Farms and Very Very Veg Co (Fenmarc).
This year their generosity was such that once all the family packages had been completed there was still enough fresh vegetables left over to enable us to take a large quantity over to the Alpha Centre in North Bretton who help to support the homeless.
So, once again, a huge thank you to our produce providers, staff at Ormiston who organised the sorting and packaging and especially to Lion Trevor Stockbridge, without whose organisation and contacts the process would not happen.
Lions Press Officer
- 1 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 2 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 3 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 4 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 5 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 6 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 9 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
- 10 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner