Thanks to everyone who gave donations at Wisbech Yule Fayre
Wisbech Lions Club would like to say a big thank you to the people of Wisbech and district who so generously gave donations at the recent Yule Fayre and the street collections.
Also, thanks to Asda, Tesco and Morrisons’ management and staff for their help and support.
Special thanks to Geoff, Steve and staff at Mendi’s who continue to support us throughout the year, and to all other businesses who support us.
The look of joy and pleasure on not only the children’s but also the adult’s faces captured the joy of Christmas.
In these hard times the donations received have far exceeded our expectations and make the hard work put in by our members even more rewarding.
You may also want to watch:
As always, every penny collected from the sleigh and other fund-raising efforts throughout the year will be donated to local worthwhile causes.
Donations already made this year have included ones to the table tennis club, Wisbech Social Club and Institute, The St Raphael Club, lunchtime meals for residents of Glenfield House and the St Augustine’s Day Centre.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Wisbech Town Junior Cricket Club, the Stroke Club, Robert Hall Centre, Wisbech and District Talking Newspaper also benefited, while 80 senior residents from local care homes enjoyed a show in Peterborough.
The list goes on.
May you have a very happy Christmas and a healthy new year.