Thanks to everyone who gave donations at Wisbech Yule Fayre
Wisbech Lions Club would like to say a big thank you to the people of Wisbech and district who so generously gave donations at the recent Yule Fayre and the street collections.
Also, thanks to Asda, Tesco and Morrisons’ management and staff for their help and support.
Special thanks to Geoff, Steve and staff at Mendi’s who continue to support us throughout the year, and to all other businesses who support us.
The look of joy and pleasure on not only the children’s but also the adult’s faces captured the joy of Christmas.
In these hard times the donations received have far exceeded our expectations and make the hard work put in by our members even more rewarding.
As always, every penny collected from the sleigh and other fund-raising efforts throughout the year will be donated to local worthwhile causes.
Donations already made this year have included ones to the table tennis club, Wisbech Social Club and Institute, The St Raphael Club, lunchtime meals for residents of Glenfield House and the St Augustine’s Day Centre.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
Wisbech Town Junior Cricket Club, the Stroke Club, Robert Hall Centre, Wisbech and District Talking Newspaper also benefited, while 80 senior residents from local care homes enjoyed a show in Peterborough.
The list goes on.
May you have a very happy Christmas and a healthy new year.