Thanks to everyone who got involved in Heritage Days in March
We have just celebrated another successful Heritage Open Days event in March.
Thank you very much to everyone who took part in these events - to all of the volunteers who gave their time and energy to organising and hosting these wonderful events and to everyone who came along to support and enjoy them.
Heritage Open Days are our annual opportunity for everyone to celebrate all the great history, architecture and culture across the country and in our town, free of charge.
Places which usually charge for entrance are free and those which are usually open, offer special events, talks, tours, displays, walks, and exhibitions. Every year more groups and organisations in March become involved and open up their premises to share their buildings and their activities with the public.
This year we had nineteen events. Sadly Centenary Baptist Church had to cancel because of flooding.
As well as all of those who took part last year, there were the additions this year of March Masonic Hall, the newly refurbished St Mary’s Church and The Acre, Young People March, Our Lady of Good Counsel and St Peter RC Church as well as two new walks, one following the influence of the Gray family around the town and one in Station Road Cemetery and its chapel.
Already new events being planned for next year.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
We are very grateful to everyone concerned for all the pleasure, interesting activities and information they give to visitors both local and across several counties. We can take pride in our town of March, its heritage, its buildings and its people.
Please make a note of 2015 dates of September 11 to 13.
The March Society