Thanks to everyone who help prepare hanging baskets and planters around Chatteris town centre
On behalf of the people of Chatteris, I would like to express my sincere appreciation of the hard work carried out by volunteers in the town over the past few weeks.
Last week a small but dedicated group of volunteers, including members of Chatteris in Bloom and the Christmas Lights Committee, put up the hanging baskets and planters you very clearly see around the town centre.
This was done despite the usual pressures of only a small number of people being available to carry out this work for the greater benefit of everyone, whether they are residents or visitors to the town.
This year once again Chatteris will be judged by Anglia in Bloom so naturally I’m sure we all hope that volunteers will be justly rewarded for their efforts.
But, as with so many community groups, there is always something that needs to be done and it usually falls on the shoulders of just a small number of folks to carry out the work.
You may also want to watch:
So if you feel that you would like to help be a part of the team that helps make Chatteris look so much more attractive – give them a call!
As the old saying goes: ‘many hands make light work’.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
CLLR JAMES CARNEY
Mayor of Chatteris