Thanks to everyone who helped Chatteris Music Society raise £2,000 at Queen’s Division Band concert
As a result of the Chatteris Music Society Concert, featuring The Band of The Queen’s Division, £2,000 has been raised for the military charities SSAFA and CaMUS.
On behalf of the committee I would like to thank all those involved in making the event the undoubted success it was.
I would like to thank the Rev Wendy Thomson and the wardens for allowing us to stage the concert and verger David Coppock for being our stage manager.
Thanks Elizabeth’s Florists and the March Card shop for selling tickets, the sponsors who donated money, those who publicised our event including the Cambs Times, the ladies who served refreshments in the interval and the deputy lieutenants and MP Steve Barclay who gave the concert their support.
I would like to thank all members of the audience who gave the band such an enthusiastic response, including a standing ovation, and gave generously to the cause.
You may also want to watch:
I personally would like to thank those on the committee who gave their expertise, time and effort.
I feel overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of the people in this community.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital