Thanks to everyone who helped Churches Together in March raise more than £2,800 for Christian Aid
Churches Together in March raised £2,815.61 during Christian Aid Week this year, thanks to the generosity of the people of March.
The bulk of the money came from house to house and church collections (£2,028.98) and street and Sainsbury’s supermarket collections on May 16 (£569.42).
The money raised during Christian Aid Week, added to monies raised during the year from Christian Aid lunches and other events, means that more than £6,340.41 has been raised for Christian Aid in the past year.
A great deal of the money raised during the year has been donated to Christian Aid’s project in Burkina Faso, a country badly affected by drought in 2010, leaving millions of people seriously short of food.
This project is supported by the European Union which gives another £5 for every £1 we raise.
You may also want to watch:
In the Fenland area money raised by the March and Wisbech Christian Aid Groups, with the EU contribution, has helped some of the poorest people in West Africa to improve their working and living conditions by providing tools and training to help people grow their own crops.
May I, through your columns, thank all those individuals who have assisted with collections, Fenland District Council for enabling us to hold a street collection and run a market stall, Sainsbury’s for allowing us to collect in its store and all those who have donated money to Christian Aid this year.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
THE REV JENNY WEBB
Christian Aid organiser, Churches Together in March