Thanks to everyone who signed petition against proposed housing in March
I WANT to convey my thanks to all those residents who took the trouble to sign the petition objecting against the proposed massive housing allocation in north east March.
It just shows how passionate we are about our local environment, pity Fenland District Council does not feel the same.
Given the short time scale we had, about a week and a half and bearing in mind it was peak holiday time, it was a fantastic response to gain nearly 700 signatures.
Thank you also to those residents who helped out by knocking on all those doors to help get this large response.
Residents’ objectives are the same as Fenland District Council: “We care passionately about our town and it is important to retain the special qualities that make our area unique.”
You may also want to watch:
So why go and destroy all those special qualities by proposing 800 hoomes in a rural location with all its associated problems of traffic congestion, loss of a major playing field, extra burden on already full schools, sewerage system, etc?
It is totally illogical.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack