Thanks to Open Chest for donating �500 to Cambridgeshire Mencap
I WAS recently presented with a cheque for �500 by Kath Dudley and Michelle Elmore from the Open Chest charity shop in March.
This donation was given for our new Artworks Project for children and adults with learning disabilities in Fenland, whicht is based at 88 High Street, March.
The money, together with other donations of money and materials, has enabled us to reach the target amount to install a sensory room in the New Year. A wonderful Christmas gift for us.
On behalf of our members and their families, we wish to thank all the volunteers, donors of goods and customers at Open Chest for making this possible.
All the profit from Open Chest is donated to community groups like us. Please give any unwanted goods you may have directly to the shop or telephone 01354 654403 to arrange collection.
You may also want to watch:
MARGARET OATEY MBE
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache