Thanks to publicans who went in the stocks
THE Friends of Leverington Church were presented with £100 and would like to thank all those who participated in the St George’s Day celebrations at the Rising Sun public house in Leverington.
Special thanks to Maggie from the Rising Sun; Eddie from the Six Ringers in Leverington; Russell from the Chequers at Friday Bridge; and Dave from the Rose Tavern, North Brink, who all dressed up in medieval costumes and took turns in the stocks, where customers were invited to throw wet sponges at them for a fee.
They kindly donated £100 to the Friends of Leverington Church for ongoing restoration work. We were delighted with the donation and very grateful to the publicans who gave up their off duty and got soaked! and to the customers who gave so generously.
You may also want to watch:
Friends of Leverington Church
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens