Thanks to the friendly people of Upwell and Outwell
I am researching my family history and today it bought me to Upwell and Outwell.
I know the Parker name goes back before 1700 here, but it is the first time I have had the opportunity to visit.
What a warm welcome I had from the many people I spoke to from the lady taking a photo of the river as I was doing, the delightful people in the post office, in the sandwich shop and the neighbours on Workhouse Lane.
I would like to thank you all for making my trip such a warm memory.
If you have a connection with someone with the Parker name or are even a Parker yourself I would be delighted if you got in touch by email email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
With warm wishes,
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government