Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, 1,300 times thankyou says March mum to mystery donor
- Credit: Archant
A MARCH couple are sending a massive thankyou to a mystery person who donated £1300 to help buy their disabled daughter a new walker.
Maple Grove teachers and parents had already raised £1000 towards the new piece of equipment for five year old Jucinda.
However, a further £1300 was needed to buy the hi-tech Buddy Roamer device which will allow Jucinda to walk around hands free with her back in the correctly supported upright potion.
Mandy and John Upchurch-Bent this week learnt that an anonymous donor had stepped forward to top up the money pot.
Mandy said: “We are so happy. Jucinda has grown out of her old walker which means she has been walking in the wrong position for her spine.
You may also want to watch:
“We were worried it would have a long term impact.
“Now we can get on and order this new walker.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
“It’s a brand new design which means she no longer has to hang on to the sides of her walker. She is so excited and we’re really grateful.”