That’s a wrap! BBC Radio 1’s Chris Moyles has festive frolics with YOUR local paper
PEOPLE across Fenland are waking up to read the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard this morning - but the papers have been put to a less conventional use by BBC Radio 1’s Chris Moyles and his team.
The radio star, together with his team ‘Comedy’ Dave Vitty, Tina Daheley, Dominic Byrne and Aled Jones, hosted their show from Cambridge this morning, following last night’s ‘Caroloke’ at the Junction.
Tina brought her Christmas presents into the studio, ready to give them to the rest of the team, but the newsreader was forced to improvise for wrapping paper... with a copy of the Wisbech Standard.
The radio stars unwrapped their gifts live on air - with ‘Comedy’ Dave jokingly complimenting the impromptu use of the “Wisbech Bugle”.
The co-host proceeded to unwrap his new scarf, discarding the Wisbech Standard’s motors section in the process.
Members of The Chris Moyles Show, which entertains more than seven million listeners a week, even posed with copies of the papers after the show.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
- 10 Taxi firm hoping to 'take away fear' through new academy