That’s a wrap! BBC Radio 1’s Chris Moyles has festive frolics with YOUR local paper
PEOPLE across Fenland are waking up to read the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard this morning - but the papers have been put to a less conventional use by BBC Radio 1’s Chris Moyles and his team.
The radio star, together with his team ‘Comedy’ Dave Vitty, Tina Daheley, Dominic Byrne and Aled Jones, hosted their show from Cambridge this morning, following last night’s ‘Caroloke’ at the Junction.
Tina brought her Christmas presents into the studio, ready to give them to the rest of the team, but the newsreader was forced to improvise for wrapping paper... with a copy of the Wisbech Standard.
The radio stars unwrapped their gifts live on air - with ‘Comedy’ Dave jokingly complimenting the impromptu use of the “Wisbech Bugle”.
The co-host proceeded to unwrap his new scarf, discarding the Wisbech Standard’s motors section in the process.
You may also want to watch:
Members of The Chris Moyles Show, which entertains more than seven million listeners a week, even posed with copies of the papers after the show.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November