The Angles Theatre RATz group receive national awards for Madness production
THE ANGLES Theatre’s in-house amateur company have celebrated receiving two national awards for their production of Madness’ Our House.
Wisbech-based group Right Angles Theatre (RATz) were award the National Operation and Drama Association’s (NODA) Regional Best Musical and Best Overall Production for their show last October.
The show contains several incredibly quick costume changes, scene changes and a large cast.
Kevin Shippey, RATz director, said: “I never really doubted that we could do it. I had seen other amateurs pull it off, so I knew we were definitely up for the challenge.”
James Farr, NODA regional representative said in his review of the ‘Our House’ production, said: “This show is not your average jukebox musical; it has structure and real theatre to it.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite the strap line “It’s a simple equation of wrong verses right”, the complexities of staging it are manifold, the timing very demanding and, in this production at least, the choreography very energetic.
“The fast pace of the choreography was breathtaking, goodness knows how the performers were able to sing during the big numbers like Our House and Baggy Trousers, but sing they did and to a very high standard too.”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail
Just one year after their formation in 2004 RATz won a NODA regional award for Best Musical with Stephen Sondheim’s ‘A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum’.