Mum lifts lockdown blues with joyous cycle ride
- Credit: PA
By the weekend floods were on the wane – an ideal occasion then to get out there on your bike.
Whether, in the words of the 19th music hall song, ‘I can’t afford a carriage’ were true, this mum knows only too well the rest of the song.
"You’ll look sweet, upon the seat, of a bicycle built for two,” goes the lyrics.
In the case of Fin and Sam, however, it was more looking sweet – and thoroughly enjoying the ride out – perched in a delightful basket on mum Sam’s cycle.
And as the photographer who snapped them cycling through Sutton near Ely on Sunday, duly observed “they weren’t letting a flooded road stop them”.
You may also want to watch:
Homemade or tailor made, the basket held both boys safely in its grip and mum clearly knew and recognised the fun it would bring her boys.
It was a release from lockdown to treasure – and besides most of the heavy rain by Sunday had given way to big puddles.
- 1 Town secures £1million funding for masterplan to make it 'thrive'
- 2 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 3 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 4 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Pride of Whittlesey finalists revealed
- 7 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close
- 8 300 jobs lost: Alan Bartlett & Sons to close Chatteris factory
- 9 Captain Tom Moore - fondly remembered for saving a factory and 60 jobs
- 10 Council plays its part to halt Covid infections in Fens hotspot