The big reveal of a revamped recycle centre is this Saturday in March
- Credit: Archant
A recycling and re-use centre is being officially re-opened after giving itself a massive make over - using its own paint and materials!
The community base has a total new look centre which includes a freshen up on the outside of the building with a Banksy style mural painted by Cromwell Community College students.
Cambridgeshire Community Reuse and Recycling Network – CCORRN, a local community organisation based in March, is reopening at 10am on Saturday September 9 after the team of staff and volunteers gave the customer area what they say was a much needed makeover.
The centre at Unit 3 Commercial Road will have cakes, refreshments and special offers including free membership or renewal on the day.
Inside visitors will be able to enjoy brighter, more accessible displays, thanks to the efforts of volunteers, even the floor has been treated to a donation from the film set of the Peter “PAN” movie.
You may also want to watch:
The Community Reuse Centre, houses CCORRN Community RePaint, a scheme which is run by a small team of staff and volunteers who collect, sort, test and redistribute low cost paint under contract to AmeyCespa on behalf of the county council.
Also on site is the creative wonderland Bits and Bobs Scrapstore which diverts clean reusable scrap waste materials from businesses and individuals for members to use creatively in arts, crafts and play activities.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
A new addition is the Re:Form new and nearly new workwear area too, featuring steel toe cap boots, hi visibility coats and gloves all laundered, repaired and remanufactured at the centre.
• The Community Reuse Centre is open six days a week Monday to Saturday from 10am to 4pm. Call 01354 607667, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ccorrn.org.uk.