The bus now departing Wisbech is the 10.44 X1 service to Peterborough - oops sorry there’ll be a slight delay
- Credit: Archant
There was momentary chaos in Wisbech when the 10.44 X1 departure to Peterborough got stuck .
With ongoing roadworks meaning Nene Quay was open in one direction, the bus followed the signed route via Market Place but was thwarted by the sharp right turn from Hill Street into Union Street.
The bus had to reverse all the way back up Hill Street to escape.
The incident has got people talking on the Wisbech Pictures Old and New Facebook page.
One poster, John Horsepole, said: “Surely common sense says the Market Place and Hill Street are to small for a double decker... surely you would go Churchill Road then up Weasenham Lane or in reverse if coming from Peterborough.”
You may also want to watch:
Bus blogger Gerard Fletcher summed up the mishap by noting that “the 10.44 departure tried the signed route via Market Place but was thwarted by the sharp right turn from Hill Street into Union Street as shown here :
“Whoops ! The bus had to reverse all the way back up Hill Street to escape. One imagines the little lad in the photo asking his dad if he can go for an exciting trip on the X1 soon !”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend