Meet the man from March who wants to raise £1,000 ‘with no real point other than to be cheeky’
- Credit: Archant
Tongue in cheek fund raiser Joe Watson of March (who describes himself as ‘Ice Man’) has launched a £1,000 GoFundMe appeal to raise money......for himself.
"If everyone donated a tiny bit of money, that small that you won't even miss it, you can make a massive difference in my life," he quipped on his appeal page.
"Please drop a quid or even a penny in the pot and let's see how much we can raise just for a random GoFundMe with no real point other than to be cheeky!"
Appealing to the better nature of friends he added: "I have always been told you don't ask you don't get, so it's got to be worth a try as this cost me nothing to set up".
"Come on everyone, give me a quid so I can go buy new shoes and a pint."
You may also want to watch:
Forty-eight hours after launching the appeal his £1,000 target seems a long way off.
"No donations yet," says the appeal page. "Be the first to help."
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire