The event now approaching platform 2… at March station is for you and your views
- Credit: Archant
Early birds will have the chance to comment on proposed improvements to March railway station at an event taking place there on Monday morning (October 10).
Opening at 6.30am and continuing until 10am, it is part of a public consultation on a draft master-plan for the station that includes proposals on car parking, waiting shelters, information points and toilet facilities.
It will include an opportunity to ‘meet the manager’ - Abellio Greater Anglia’s customer engagement manager, Alan Neville.
Three similar events have been held in the town over the past few weeks.
People can also comment in a survey that will remain available online at www.fenland.gov.uk/March-Station-Masterplan until 5pm on October 24.
You may also want to watch:
The plan has been drawn up by the Hereward Community Rail Partnership (HCRP), whose focus is to establish more community involvement in delivering local priorities for the railway line between Peterborough and Ely and its stations.
Developing a masterplan to establish what is needed for each station is essential to deliver improvements there. Masterplans have already been developed and adopted for Manea and Whittlesea stations.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Full details of the masterplans can be viewed online at www.fenland.gov.uk/article/7699/Trains-and-Railways